As a Senior Marketing Specialist, you’ll play a hands-on role with all things Marketing at vCom. While vCom is revolutionizing the way companies manage their IT spend, you’ll be revolutionizing the way we tell our story. From digital marketing to communications planning and all things marketing in between, you’ll enjoy the variety of projects and exciting growth opportunities this role has to offer.
As a member of our 2-person Marketing team, you’ll collaborate directly with our VP of Marketing to bring our brand to life through the creation, implementation, and management of positioning and messaging. Your high energy, meticulous attention to detail, and people smarts will make you a valuable asset when working with cross-functional teams and communicating with staff at all levels of the organization. Your versatility allows you to lead projects or play a supporting role equally well.
In your first 3 months, you’ll:
- Learn vCom products/services
- Build relationships and rapport with sales/CARE teams
- Understand website needs
- Train APEX MDF, marketing materials for billing cycles
- Execute on existing campaigns planned using HubSpot /Marketing automation
- Create and monitor company social posts (LI, Twitter, FB, Vimeo)
- Work with vendors from creative and web development
- Revise product sheets
- Manage upcoming events with coordinator
- Report marketing metrics for all executed activities
In your first 6 months, you’ll:
- Develop deeper understand company products/services
- Manage website
- Build/Maintain editorial calendar – events, new campaigns, creative ideas for new activities
- Help build out customer summit activities with logistics team and other stakeholders
- Work with Software Adoption team to develop marketing activities to drive adoption/awareness
- Implement mobile marketing strategies
In your first year, you’ll:
- Handle video development/editing (Vimeo platform)
- Manage sales campaign development/execution (Creative briefs planning calendar, event based marketing, etc)
- Play a lead role in implementation of marketing projects and initiatives
What you'll do:
- Website management: Play a leading role in driving the design, navigation, and content for the company’s web properties, including SEO management.
- Integrated communications planning: understanding all marketing mix strategies to increase awareness of the company.
- Email, Communications and Campaign Management: Ensure all Marcom campaigns are delivered on time and on budget with highest quality
- Content Marketing/Sales enablement: work across functions to write, promote and design relevant content to support corporate and sales in the form of: blogs product literature, sales materials (case studies, white papers, videos), etc.
- Event marketing: Identify and manage events by vertical/target audience – producing event plans/budgets, speaking engagements, promotional materials and logistics.
- Social Media Maven: Manage and measure our social media strategy and vCom brand
- Demonstrate technical marketing and project management skills as well as knowledge of company and products
- Manage and develop the digital CRM strategy via digital campaigns leveraging marketing automation
- Ensure data, learnings and ROI analysis from marketing campaigns are reported back to the business. Establish recommendations for improvement where needed.
- Own all requests from other areas of the business requiring customer contacts such as user feedback and sales enablement tools for product launches (battle cards, FAQs, etc)
- Conduct analysis of key performance metrics and client insights to help refine brand strategies
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams in other business units to drive business objectives
- Liaise with outside network partners to co-develop PR/ marketing initiatives (high tech/software industry experience a plus)
- Show high sense of judgment, ownership over projects and timelines with creative problem-solving abilities
- Support corporate brand team(HR/Customer Care) with other duties, as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant experience required
- 4+ years of digital/brand marketing alongside traditional marketing; content development is a must. Website management and marketing automation/CRM, a necessity.
- Solid understanding of the evolving marketing tech stack landscape
- Substantial experience in running and developing marketing initiatives in the online world
- Stellar software know-how
- Marketing automation - HubSpot or equivalent
- WordPress (website content management)
- Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Google Docs/Sheets
- All MS Office (especially, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Solid analytical skills (understand segmentation marketing metrics - Google analytics)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment (start-up experience a plus)
- Highly adaptive and proactive
- Excellent project & brand management skills
- Strong balance of creative and analytical thinking
- Open/direct verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills – up, down and across the organization
It’s also helpful if you’ve got:
- A humble, yet confident demeanor
- Knack for staying on top of all the details
- A tough outer shell, you're not easily rattled
- A sense of humor
The Selection Process
- After submitting a resume, qualified candidates will be invited to complete two separate assessments
- Once the assessments are completed, candidates will participate in a pre-screening phone screen with Human Resources
- A select group of candidates will be interviewed (interviews may include conversations with the VP of Marketing, Leadership Team, and vCom’s CEO)
vCom is a cloud-based software and managed services company focused on helping enterprises manage IT spend from procure-to-pay. We empower mid to large Enterprise organizations to manage all of their technology relationships in a much simpler way. We are among the fastest growing companies, most appreciated by employees, and valued by our customers in California Best Places to Work for ten years running. Our growth, innovation, and strong customer relationships are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering amazing outcomes for our customers and team members.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of vCom Solutions, Inc. is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. vCom Solutions hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.