Be a key member of the next step in our evolution. vCom is the solution for Telecom Lifecycle Management, a top 5 challenge facing all mid to large sized organizations. Our combination of technology and professional services help enterprise organizations roll out new technology, control costs and provide total clarity for every penny spent during the lifetime of the relationship.
vCom is currently seeking a Circuit Provisioner (CP) who is responsible for ordering various voice and data services with providers using different ordering tools such as email, phone calls, web portal, etc. based on each carrier. The CP will act as the order liaison between the vCom Project Coordination Team and our carriers, updating our internal ordering systems with order status, due dates and billing information. The CP must maintain accurate order notes, document any carrier escalations and update all appropriate fields within the vCom database.
What you’ll do…
- Prepare, submit and manage carrier Add, Move, Change, and Disconnect orders for Data (including DS-1, DS-3, xDSL, P2P, MPLS, Ethernet over Copper, DS1 and fiber) and Voice (including SIP and IVAD) technologies
- Remotely troubleshoot customer premise equipment and networking issues, including routing, bandwidth utilization, latency, DNS, and other network access problems
- Coordinate new service and activation dates with internal teams, customers and vendors
- Ensure all client milestones and deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Drive escalations with the carriers, to ensure timely resolution and service restoral
- Maintain internal tracking systems with up-to-date milestones for orders, which will be reviewed weekly
- Some after-hours and weekend coverage
What you bring…
- 2+ years of carrier provisioning and ordering experience in telecommunication technologies and carrier configurations for Data Connectivity (Internet T1s, private lines and MPLS). Knowledge of MPLS, VPLS, OC3, Ethernet over copper, DS1 and fiber. VPN knowledge a plus.
- 2+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience with various carriers, including facilities-based and non-facilities-based ISPs, CLECs, and ILECs; experience with large/national connectivity providers preferred
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of networking essentials, including LAN/WAN, routing and networking protocols, DNS, TCP/IP, networking hardware and Internet services
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with performing basic router configuration and troubleshooting, including Internet, private lines and MPLS
- Experience in VoIP, SIP trunking and TDM voice services a plus
- Demonstrated experience with the various layers of a carrier’s infrastructure and services, from customer premise equipment to provider edge
- Organized, resourceful, with high learning aptitude, and initiative
vCom Solutions offers comprehensive salaries, health, vision, dental and 401k/Roth matching for all team members.
We continuously look to surpass competitors in our commitment to our team members with: peer-to-peer recognition awards, 9 paid holidays, access to an unlimited learning library, $2500 employee referral bonus, abundant professional development and growth opportunities, 8 free community volunteer PTO hours, quarterly team-building activities, stocked kitchens, catered lunches, happy hours, Halloween costume contests, poker tourneys and a plethora of other fun and rewarding perks!