This position will play an integral role in the day-to-day accounting operations, and will be responsible for executing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures. This is a key role on the Finance team, requiring a high level of responsibility, generating key insights into business performance and providing the leadership team with effective support. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team supporting the growth of vCom. As our business and complexity grow, we need an Accounting Manager who embraces as a growth mindset, is comfortable collaborating with employees within and outside the immediate Finance Departments, and who welcomes growth and change.
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the VP of Finance and will be responsible for substantially all aspects of general ledger-related activities, including financial reporting and analysis. Initially, you will work closely with the VP of Finance, but will be put on a path to progress upward and manage the entire close cycle and the ensuing reporting functions independently.
- Manage monthly accounting close activities - ensure period end tasks are completed timely, prepare and review journal entries, accounts reconciliations and variance analysis
- Primary owner of the company’s financial statements and monthly close process which will require preparing and reviewing journal entries, preparing and reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations, and maintaining monthly reporting packages (the aforementioned in accordance with US GAAP).
- Work closely with the Finance Team, as well as engage employees interdepartmentally on various finance related projects and tasks.
- Prepare monthly analytics (key performance indicators with trends and variances) for internal financial reporting
- Monitor and document various accounting policies and procedures, evaluate and update policy and procedure to be in compliance with GAAP, enhance internal controls and support company-wide objectives
- Continuous development of accounting close process that scales as the company grows and work to mitigate manual and tedious transactional pain points. You will need to embrace automation and continuous improvement.
- Support annual budgeting and planning process, with ownership of budget vs. actual interim reporting.
- Manage Fixed Assets and Inventory Schedules and Processes
- Support emerging accounting and finance needs as they become relevant in the course of growth; lead ad hoc Finance/Accounting related projects.
- Provide support to the annual tax filing, including preparing and reviewing supporting schedules and working with 3rd parties to independently resolve questions.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external reporting requirements (10-99’s, Census, financial reports for insurance applications, miscellaneous regulatory compliance documents)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields.
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of concrete accounting experience, with 1-2 years of supervisory
- In-depth understanding of all three financial statements (P&L, BS, CF)
- In-depth understanding of accounting and business operations best practices
- Hands-on experience with the financial close process using Quickbooks Enterprise
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable analyzing large sets of data, sometimes disparate, with ability to draw insight
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, sumif(s) etc.)
Who You Are
Must be able to embrace vCom’s core values:
- Impact: You focus on great results rather than strictly on process
- Judgment: You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms
- Innovation: You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches
- Communication: You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand
- Curiosity: You push yourself regularly to learn and change, and make yourself more valuable to vCom
Additionally, you must:
- Work well in a dynamic environment, work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and have excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate “Roll-up sleeves” attitude and ability to work through adversity
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Telecom or software industry experience
- Experience in Avalara, Concur and Atlassian
- Led accounting projects including implementation of tools to increase efficiency