The Order Assurance (OA) Specialist is responsible for reviewing the technical details for both voice and data orders to ensure accurate order creation for successful implementation of technology services sold. The OA Specialist will analyze executed contracts to ensure all necessary orders are created based on defined product and carrier requirements. OA will act as a liaison between our Telecom Analyst (TA) team (who is responsible for quoting and booking sales) and our Service Delivery Provisioning (SDP) team (who is responsible for implementing orders with the carriers) making sure all relevant order notes, order documents and required information is clearly summarized in the order. The OA Specialist must display a strong attention to detail and accuracy and be able to communicate specific order requirements with a clear hand off to our SDP team.
The OA Specialist will also assist with submitting basic MACD orders with our Carrier partners, utilizing different ordering tools such as email, phone calls, web portal, etc. depending on Carrier requirements. The OA Specialist will act as the order liaison between the vCom Project Coordination Team and our Carriers, updating our internal ordering systems with order status, due dates and billing information. The OA Specialist must maintain accurate order notes, document any and all Carrier escalations and update all appropriate fields within vCom’s internal database.
Telecommunications Voice and Data Order Processing
Order Assurance Specialist
- Create internal Add, Move, Change and Disconnect orders for products under our Wireline portfolio. Products include Cable, DSL, DIA, MPLS, VPLS, Dark Fiber, Local Lines, Local & LD DS1, DIDs, VoIP and SIP, Dedicated and Switched Toll Free, and WWAN order types.
- Create New, Re-term, Conversion and Upgrade orders depending on Customer and Carrier requirements
- Pull and scrub Carrier Customer Service Records (CSRs) to verify features and accuracy of service sold.
- Create and/or update required order documents to execute Carrier orders.
- Assist the OA team with documenting existing and updated processes, making suggestions for improved efficiencies.
- Prepare and submit carrier Add, Move, Change and Disconnect orders for products under our Wireline portfolio, as specified above.
- Coordinate new service and activation dates with vCom’s Project Coordination Team, affiliates, customers, and vendors to meet desired installation and move timelines.
- Ensure that all client milestones and deliverables are met in a timely manner including time-sensitive expedite orders. Provide advanced notice of any delays to vCom’s Project Coordination Team.
- Work with the internal teams to continuously evaluate whether anything is prohibiting the commitments outlined during the sales process from being met in a timely manner, based on the timeline expected by and promised to the client.
- Work with vCom customers and vCom Project Coordinators on troubleshooting problems with newly installed services.
- Ensure all internal tracking systems up to date, including keeping any customer viewable milestones or dates current. Ensure that the status of all orders is current for weekly operational meetings.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate client inventory.
- Assist on special projects.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, with high learning aptitude, and initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to place orders via phone, attend meetings via phone and availability for technician or carrier calls as needed.
- Ability to work in multiple web-based systems and platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- Experience in telecommunication technologies; preferred but not required.
The successful applicant will enjoy a high-energy and rewarding work environment with great potential for growth, opportunity and recognition. vCom offers a competitive compensation package and actively encourages professional development.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy vCom is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. vCom Solutions hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.